Joint Stakeholder Workshop of INFRAMIX and TransAID
Workshop on infrastructure requirements and traffic control strategies for automated driving
The INFRAMIX and TransAID projects organise a workshop about how increasing vehicle automation may affect infrastructure design and traffic management. The goals of the workshop are to:
- Explore in more detail how increasingly automated vehicles are likely to behave in various traffic situations and how this may affect the traffic management task.
- Provide insight to the role that communication technology (digital infrastructure) can play in the shorter term of connected transport and the longer term of automated transport.
- Promote reflection among public, knowledge and technology stakeholders on proposed solutions, and on their role and responsibilities as automated driving evolves.
Virtual Vehicle Research Center
Inffeldgasse 21a, 8010 Graz – Austria
9th Oct 2019 – 09:30-17:00
Registration from 9:00
Main Agenda Points:
- Discussion sessions:
- Limitations of automated driving
- Modelling infrastructure-assisted automated driving and simulation findings
- Traffic control strategies for mixed traffic
- ISAD – how can infrastructure support automated driving
- Meet and greet with the C-ITS testing group
- Several partners are testing reception and interaction of/with C-ITS messages on the Austrian test track in parallel. The testing group will stop by to give insights on the tests.